Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lesson of the day: Blood is thicker than water. Is one of the dumbest things people are taught about their family members. Sometimes said family ain't worth shit and just cause they family don't mean the bullshit they say and/or do folks should let slide.

ALL BLOOD AIN'T FAMILY AND ALL FAMILY AIN'T BLOOD!!!

Have a great day!!!!

Lesson of the day: Blood is thicker than water. Is one of the dumbest things people are taught about their family members. Sometimes said family ain't worth shit and just cause they family don't mean the bullshit they say and/or do folks should let slide.

Have a great day!!!!
welp....perfect time to drop this here...had it made cuz i was in the same boat

and while blood is thicker than water.

water taste better

SMH you can't help yourself can you?!
giphy.gif

Have a great day!!!!
my pastor talked about what the exact meaning of this meant and like many things, over time, the actual meaning has been diluted so people can make it fit whatever situation they want it to fit to justify their wrong behavior

like until i became an adult, all i heard was "money is the root of evil"...so that's what i would say/think, when the actual saying is "for the love of money is the root of evil".

Money as a construct is what you make it. There is nothing wrong with wanting money, but there is definitely something wrong with doing foul shit to obtain it b /c you have began to worship it and put it at the front of your life

my pastor talked about what the exact meaning of this meant and like many things, over time, the actual meaning has been diluted so people can make it fit whatever situation they want it to fit to justify their wrong behavior

like until i became an adult, all i heard was "money is the root of evil"...so that's what i would say/think, when the actual saying is "for the love of money is the root of evil".

Money as a construct is what you make it. There is nothing wrong with wanting money, but there is definitely something wrong with doing foul shit to obtain it b /c you have began to worship it and put it at the front of your life

If that ain't the full quote I've never heard it.

I been knew the full quote was "for the love of money is the root of all evil". I remember hearing that one as a child as well.

Bout time you make some damn sense.

Great post.

If that ain't the full quote I've never heard it.

I been knew the full quote was "for the love of money is the root of all evil". I remember hearing that one as a child as well.
no, you are correct, the quote is "blood is thicker than water"...the issue is it's been taken out of context.

I'm paraphrasing, but he was talking about how the blood in the amniotic sac is thicker than the water surrounding it and mentioned something about the covenant. I'm doing a poor job of re communicating what he was saying as I didnt take notes that day, but he spoke how family will use this quote wrong to justify the foul stuff they do to family or to try to guilt trip you into doing things for them.

no, you are correct, the quote is "blood is thicker than water"...the issue is it's been taken out of context.

I'm paraphrasing, but he was talking about how the blood in the amniotic sac is thicker than the water surrounding it and mentioned something about the covenant. I'm doing a poor job of re communicating what he was saying as I didnt take notes that day, but he spoke how family will use this quote wrong to justify the foul stuff they do to family or to try to guilt trip you into doing things for them.

He basically saying the same shit I'm saying. We all know scientifically blood is thicker than water. People use that shit just like he said on some I know I did some fucked up shit but we "family" let that shit go but if your friend do something not even as fucked up as they did its fuck your friend they not your "family".

IMO that is some dumb ass shit that people really teach their kids. It's something I've never taught mine and never will. Fuck a person's title if they fucked up no matter who they are remove that person from your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back