Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Black Man/Black Woman thread

12bookforman-print2-jumbo-v2.jpg
I didnt finish this book but there was a part in it about how this white lawyer tried to talk to a black community in ny I think (dont quote me on that tho) about them voting against decriminalization of weed in the 70s or 80s...he told them about how black ppl would get the short end of the stick and weed, compared to other drugs, really ain't shit. The black folk wasnt goin for it and ultimately they voted for weed to be a harsh criminal offense. Next thing they knew niggas was gettin locked up for petty weed charges.

It made me think about how we kept saying Hillary and the 94 crime bill and all that shit...but failing to realize a lot of law abiding black ppl were for it at the time because they saw the destruction gang violence had on their communities and how the murder rates had gotten outa control. They wanted the book thrown at gang bangers and criminals rightfully so cuz them niggas were terrorizing their neighborhoods. In hindsight we see the effects it had, but in the moment they couldn't see that.

I didnt finish this book but there was a part in it about how this white lawyer tried to talk to a black community in ny I think (dont quote me on that tho) about them voting against decriminalization of weed in the 70s or 80s...he told them about how black ppl would get the short end of the stick and weed, compared to other drugs, really ain't shit. The black folk wasnt goin for it and ultimately they voted for weed to be a harsh criminal offense. Next thing they knew niggas was gettin locked up for petty weed charges.

It made me think about how we kept saying Hillary and the 94 crime bill and all that shit...but failing to realize a lot of law abiding black ppl were for it at the time because they saw the destruction gang violence had on their communities and how the murder rates had gotten outa control. They wanted the book thrown at gang bangers and criminals rightfully so cuz them niggas were terrorizing their neighborhoods. In hindsight we see the effects it had, but in the moment they couldn't see that.

Black people especially old heads felt the best way to avoid crime was to make the penalty much harsher. Like a fear tactic

I saw a statistic that White children are more likely to be fatherless than Black children.

For some reason there's a stigma that Black men don't take care of their children, which isn't true.
I mentioned in the other thread that the CDC numbers from a couple of years showed that when black men are able to be in their kid's, they are among the most active in their kid's lives. To be honest, I bet that came as a surprise even to most black people. We've been fed and recited the lines about deadbeat daddies so much, I bet a large percentage of our community thought it was true. The same goes with the idea that black men stray so much from black women. The numbers show that like ~88% or something like that of black men marry black women. Again, that's pretty high when compared to what men of other races do. Now it's true that black women are well over 90% when it comes to marrying black men, but I guarantee you that number is dropping.

For a long time, Black women have been claiming that they are more loyal. I think the reality is that they just didn't have options because men of other races weren't checking for them. That has changed now, and now you start to see a lot of sistas with dudes of other races. And instead of just admitting they wanted to try something else out, black women blame black men for their straying. lol

How did black people get into this position and how can we fix the problem?
ok...lets walk down that path.

yes, white people created a system that oppressed black people
yes, there are glass ceilings and systematic racism.
yes, we are discriminated against at every turn.

but.

when are we going to create our own?
when are we going to say we like certain shit too.....instead of it being a white thing? because when you think about it....if white people kept it away from us..is it a white thing or is it that we just never had access to know we like it?
when are we going to give props to those who succeed and look down on those who hurt our communities , if we talking about how white people do it..shouldnt we look at our people who hurt us the same regardless if they are family?

yes, drugs was placed in our communities to destroy us.
we took the bait but why was it so easy? we knew it was wrong and we saw it began to destroy us....but why continue it?
why do some men feel its an option, when they are capable of so much more?

who failed these particular men and women? boys and girls?
why do they feel certain things are options?

guess what?

we all failed them.

not just the fatherless, or the absentee, but those of us who are present but let another man cook when he aint being a father. let our female family members keep dads away. those who dont build businesses, those who dont take risks., those who hate and those who stop the help from reaching those who need it. those who dont want to give back because they got theirs. those who dont want to be black.

so many us of failed our youth......but how do we fix them? matter of fact...we need to fix us to be able to fix them.

ok...lets walk down that path.

yes, white people created a system that oppressed black people
yes, there are glass ceilings and systematic racism.
yes, we are discriminated against at every turn.

but.

when are we going to say we like certain shit too.....instead of it being a white thing? because when you think about it....if white people kept it away from us..is it a white thing or is it that we just never had access to know we like it?
when are we going to give props to those who succeed and look down on those who hurt our communities , if we talking about how white people do it..shouldnt we look at our people who hurt us the same regardless if they are family?

we took the bait but why was it so easy? we knew it was wrong and we saw it began to destroy us....but why continue it?

who failed these particular men and women? boys and girls?
why do they feel certain things are options?

guess what?

we all failed them.

not just the fatherless, or the absentee, but those of us who are present but let another man cook when he aint being a father. let our female family members keep dads away. those who dont build businesses, those who dont take risks., those who hate and those who stop the help from reaching those who need it. those who dont want to give back because they got theirs. those who dont want to be black.

so many us of failed our youth......but how do we fix them? matter of fact...we need to fix us to be able to fix them.
So how do we fix those issues that you stated?

@DOS_patos let me ask your opinion on the bolded specifically

Where do you think we can honestly create our own.. be it inside or outside of the US without interruption/interference? Do you think that's a legit possibility?

If we do strike out and go create our own, do you not think some of the shit we suffer with internally wouldn't follow us there? how would you propose we combat that type of stuff?

Im not expecting you to have all the answers... im just curious if you think it'd be easier for us to separate and try to do our own thing... or try to fix what is here and what we are dealing with now

I read it, all I saw was you asking questions and who failed who. Now I’m asking what solutions do you have for this these problems?
I said fix ourselves then we need to fix or stop from damaging the kids.

Hella adults put our problems on the kids...like they need to solve our shit.
Shit we do alot of damage to our kids an don't know it or admit to it.

We need to protect their innocence.

Two examples.
One time we got our power cut off. Couldn't pay the bill til the next day.
My wife and I instead of telling the kids we got our lights cut off.....we said " let's play camp out". We lit the fireplace and cuddled around it and told stories and are sandwiches. They didn't need to know grown shit.

Story 2.
My BM. Her ex stopped paying support so she got evicted. Kids asked her why, she told them cuz they daddy ain't got a job to pay her to keep them there..

Some shit kids don't need to hear. They kids... Let them be kids.

@DOS_patos let me ask your opinion on the bolded specifically

Where do you think we can honestly create our own.. be it inside or outside of the US without interruption/interference? Do you think that's a legit possibility?

If we do strike out and go create our own, do you not think some of the shit we suffer with internally wouldn't follow us there? how would you propose we combat that type of stuff?

Im not expecting you to have all the answers... im just curious if you think it'd be easier for us to separate and try to do our own thing... or try to fix what is here and what we are dealing with now
Good questions....I'm on mobile but I got you. I don't have all the answers but I can give ideas to build on or spark something else.

I think those place that were designed to trap us.....we can make better. We don't really need to relocate. The hood is not a bad thing. It became a bad thing because if the drug shit(which we need to speak about).
We allow ourselves to be limited in those places. I always bring up Starbucks because I see hella black people in Starbucks. Soooo why is there no black coffee chains? Don't need to be Starbucks level....it only needs to cater to us. Do we really look at the food options? So no black people want healthy options like Panera? All we want is chicken, Chinese and pizza? Are we not more than that? So with all the good cooks we have, no one can make different stuff black people like? Are we only limited to soul and Jamaican foods if we go our own route?
I'll stop that there....but what do we suffer internally is the question.

Self hate? The criminal element? Fuck boy-ism?

All that can stop with good men in our community leading the others.

But I don't think we need to leave. In my Ricki waters voice... For what ? For who?

My people are owed. Us leaving is like watching your parents struggle to keep a house and pay it off...they die and you walk away from it. Nah...that's yours. Get your parents worth out of it.

And to leave is to allow them to win. They are not better than me or you. They just pastry and cheated the system.

How do we fix ourselves? Like give examples of things we can do
Ok.......
Me and you talk. You tell me your dreams and goals and I tell you mine. Then we share 1thing we can do for the community that's in our lane of expertise.

We exchange contact info.

Every week we check in on each other to see where we are in our goals and dreams and giving back.

We encourage each other in our rough days. We celebrate each other's accomplishments . That will build a system between us that will not allow me to want to let you down....because I should know if I fall....you will fall and you will hold me accountable for being better than a failure.

Something like that.
In a group or what not.
If I'm not my brothers keeper.....I'm some nigga adding to the problem. Why should a person like that even be around if they not adding to the bottom line of the black community?

And if they harming the community....treat them like they a stinky homeless person....get away from me and don't clean my windows.

Follow up question on this item lol....

But I don't think we need to leave. In my Ricki waters voice... For what ? For who?

My people are owed. Us leaving is like watching your parents struggle to keep a house and pay it off...they die and you walk away from it. Nah...that's yours. Get your parents worth out of it.

And to leave is to allow them to win. They are not better than me or you. They just pastry and cheated the system.

But you left did you not? And that's not a shot at you either. .... cuz I left to find better opportunities as well... whether its temporary or not.. we both still left tho didn't we?

I only bring that up.. from a personal standpoint, because I left for an opportunity.. that means I'm no longer in the community that raised me and I can only try to attempt to influence said community from afar or on a part time basis nah mean?

Follow up question on this item lol....

But you left did you not? And that's not a shot at you either. .... cuz I left to find better opportunities as well... whether its temporary or not.. we both still left tho didn't we?

I only bring that up.. from a personal standpoint, because I left for an opportunity.. that means I'm no longer in the community that raised me and I can only try to attempt to influence said community from afar or on a part time basis nah mean?
Nah bruh...that a shot.
I see you.. lol

Its ok. But hers the thing...my question to you.

What is our community?
Black America?

It's Black Americans here. It's black Brits and Africans .....we all learn from each other and we all go back to our communities and try to teach what we learned

But the black american is seen as having more access for some reason. We the house niggas of the shit.
we are not abandoning our people.... You can look at it like we all have a job to be an effective community.

Black wall street needed black people to go out to bring back supplies, knowledge, and such to help it grow.

A few will go to help the majority who stays. And those who left should be welcomed back because they had to deal with wolves to supply the community

Back