Welcome To aBlackWeb

Oprah Will Be Executive Producing Documentary About Russell Simmons' Rape Allegations

The mistake we make too often is thinking race is a retroactive factor rather than a preliminary factor.

How many times has a story come out about some black man, woman, or child being done some injustice, race being downplayed as a motivation, only for the wrongdoer's past to be dug up and racist sentiments are found?

If this country wanted to "leave race out of it" so bad, they'd allow for communities to try, judge, and punish their own instead of constantly being wrongly targeted, wrongly suspected, wrongly charged, and wrongly convicted for and by somebody else's standard of bias.

Yes wrong is wrong regardless of who does it. But when one group gets punished at a higher rarely and more severely than another group for the same crime, it's foul play.
When I said "leave us out of it" I meant dont expect us to defend you/dont use race as the only defense, which is all these social media posts from other celebs have been doing.

I think you're underestimating the impact of a documentary. People subconsciously start to form images in their heads of what a sexual predator looks like. So when black faces are being shown more, and the details of what they did are exposed more, people can start to associate rape with black men. It's bigger than these individuals. It's cultural impact.

Would you think it's ok for news outlets to say they're only reporting on black criminals, as long as white criminals are still being arrested? Same logic.
I already explained the doc thing a few posts ago.

But it was said on the first page that weinsetein has a doc out. Dont know if the same one been posted but he just had one on him at Sundance this year. Numerous docs, movies, shows, podcasts, are made about white killers/rapists/sexual abusers etc. For every surviving rkelly theres 10 other things that came out about some nasty ass white boy.

Last edited:
Internet niggas: there’s no evidence whatsoever alluding to his culpability save the story of his accusers, so making a doc about him is grossly irresponsible especially prior to any law enforcement action.
You are the first person in this thread to make this point. Everybody else just wana post pics of oprah hugging somebody and old tweets.

I remember when that Weinstein doc came out. There was such a hoopla over it social media was lit over it I remember all the memes and social commentary that it started. Meanwhile when R Kelly’s doc came out it kinda came and went.

Why does that matter? You said that despite his trial he was being protected by Hollywood. Acting as if a documentary on him wasn't released this very year.

Aint nobody thinking bout that doc now cause he protected. We'll see if he do any time

The documentary premiered at Sundance...I guess that's not enough publicity.
Exactly. Remember how it trended for days and had social media going crazy? Remember the thread on here about it? Remember how lit that thread was? Thread of the year in my opinion.

Exactly. Remember how it trended for days and had social media going crazy? Remember the thread on here about it? Remember how lit that thread was? Thread of the year in my opinion.

Why didn't you start the thread? Did you watch the documentary? Did you promote it? Or did you ignore it and pretend it wasn't made and claim that only the black pervs get documentaries made on them?

Why didn't you start the thread? Did you watch the documentary? Did you promote it? Or did you ignore it and pretend it wasn't made and claim that only the black pervs get documentaries made on them?
I didn’t even know when it came out. I found out from you. But guess what? I damn sure knew when R Kelly’s doc came out.

I didn’t even know when it came out. I found out from you. But guess what. I damn sure when R Kelly’s doc came out.

That sounds like a you problem. I knew about the documentary last fall. It wasn't released secretly. I'm not the only person on this site that knew of its existence either.

That sounds like a you problem. I knew about the documentary last fall. It wasn't released secretly. I'm not the only person on this site that knew of its existence either.
So it got the same level of attention that R Kelly’s did you’re saying?

Red herring. But funny enough I never seen you in the thread about white pedos but you’re in every thread demonizing black men.

What was that bet you asked the other cat for in the other thread? You willing to run that bet that I'm not in the Weinstein thread?

Back