Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019-20 NFL Season Thread

Janoris play fell off a couple years ago, but believe it or not, there's worse corners in the league. It's a possibility he gets picked up as a reserve corner, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a wrap.

He saw over 50 mil of that 62 mil contract so that is win b/c they could have cut him way earlier than this.

Bleacher Report story saying at least 20 teams interested in signing AB, including almost every playoff contender except NE of course.

And I wouldn’t blame them. You get a top notch talent at a discount right before the playoffs. And if it doesn’t work out and you cut him then no one is going to blame you. If he helps you win you’ll get all the credit.

Bleacher Report story saying at least 20 teams interested in signing AB, including almost every playoff contender except NE of course.

And I wouldn’t blame them. You get a top notch talent at a discount right before the playoffs. And if it doesn’t work out and you cut him then no one is going to blame you. If he helps you win you’ll get all the credit.

We need him

View attachment 198810

Michael Vick will serve as an NFL Pro Bowl captain despite petition

Former NFL quarterback Michael Vick will still serve as an honorary captain at this year's Pro Bowl despite a popular petition that calls for his removal over his 2007 dogfighting conviction. In a news conference on Thursday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell defended the decision to honor Vick.

"Over the last, what is it, nine years or so, we have supported Michael in his, what I think his recognition of the mistake he made," Goodell said. "He's paid a heavy price for that. He's been accountable for it. He's worked aggressively with the Humane Society and other institutions to deal with animal rights and to make sure people don't make the same mistake he made, and I admire that."

The NFL's decision to name Vick as one of the 2020 Pro Bowl Legends Captains, a role that would see him mentor players and coach from the sidelines, was quickly met with criticism. In 2007, Vick served a year and a half in federal prison for his involvement in a dogfighting ring.

As of Thursday afternoon, one Change.org petition calling for Vick's removal gained more than 560,000 signatures.

"To honor a man who had zero regard for animals is unacceptable and I would like your help to make sure he is NOT honored at the 2020 NFL Pro Bowl," the petition says.

Back