Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Barr Puts FBI On Blast And Accuses Obama Admin Of Spying In NBC Interview

Going as far as accusing the FBI of possibly acting “in bad faith,” Attorney General Bill Barr on Tuesday doubled down on his rejection of the Justice Department inspector general’s finding that the FBI did not improperly launch its investigation into the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia.

During an interview that seemed aimed at keeping President Donald Trump’s “deep state” conspiracy theories alive, Barr also accused the Obama administration of spying on Trump’s campaign. The interview came one day after a report by the Department of Justice Inspector General’s office debunked many of Trump’s claims of unfair treatment by the FBI.

“I think probably from a civil liberties standpoint, the greatest danger to our free system is that the incumbent government used the apparatus of the state, principally the law enforcement agencies and the intelligence agencies, both to spy on political opponents, but also to use them in a way that could affect the outcome of the election,” Barr told NBC News correspondent Pete Williams.

He also rejected inspector general Michael Horowitz’s conclusion that the FBI had sufficient evidence to open its investigation the 2016 election, and defended the Trump campaign’s repeated contacts with Russia as merely business as usual.

“We have to remember, in today’s world, presidential campaigns are frequently in contact with foreign persons,” Barr said. “And indeed, in most campaigns, there are signs of illegal foreign money coming in. And we don’t automatically assume that the campaigns are nefarious and traitors and acting in league with foreign powers.”

Barr brushed off Horowitz’s finding that the FBI’s probe was not motivated by political bias, arguing that Horowitz’s investigative methodology was weak and therefore “he hasn’t decided the issue of improper motive.”

“He starts with limited information,” Barr said. “He can only talk to people who are essentially there as employees. And he’s limited to the information generally in the FBI.”

The attorney general asserted that only after U.S. Attorney John Durham has completed his work can a judgement on the FBI’s motivations be made. Barr tapped Durham earlier this year to run a separate, criminal investigation into the origins of the Russia probe.

“I think right now it would be premature to make any judgment one way or the other,” he said.

And in any case, Barr argued, Horowitz’s report showed that the FBI had in fact acted improperly.

“The core statement in my opinion by the I.G. is that these irregularities, these misstatements, these omissions were not satisfactorily explained,” he told Williams. “And I think that leaves open the possibility to infer bad faith.”

When the reporter asked him to clarify whether he meant there was political or confirmation bias, Barr demurred.

“Well, I think there are a number of scenarios but I don’t want to, you know, get into them,” the attorney general said. “I think there could have been a lot of motivations involved and different motivations.”

“There could have been motivations in the FBI and motivations outside the FBI by other players in this,” he continued.

Barr then doubled down on his claim that the Trump campaign was “spied upon.”

Trump Administration motto “It’s the black man’s fault”...

GOP Texas County Chair Pressured To Resign After Using N-Word In Racist Text

Texas Republican leaders are calling for Yolanda Waters, Galveston County Republican Party chair, to resign after it was revealed on Saturday that she had sent a text calling a black party operative the N-word several months ago.

In the texts (first reported by the Galveston Daily News), Waters complained about loans she’d made to State Republican Executive Committee member J.T. Edwards, calling him a “Typical Nig.”

Waters told the Daily News it was an “unfortunate typo.”

“I usually type very fast, and in this case, I moved too fast to see that the word was there,” she said. “I made the typo because I did not proofread my text.”

“I apologize to anyone who took my typo in offense,” Waters wrote in a Facebook post, describing herself a “highly educated Latina/African-American woman.”

“I am saddened and hurt that anyone believes I am ‘racist’ against my own people,” she wrote.

Over the weekend, the state’s Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) and Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush pushed for Waters’ resignation via Twitter.

“Her comments are offensive to everyone in the community,” Patrick tweeted.

Bush asserted there was “no reason, no excuse and no room in our party for racist comments.”

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s (R) spokesperson, John Wittman, told the Austin Statesman that her comments were “absolutely abhorrent” and “have no place in the Republican party.”

Wittman said that Abbott had asked Waters to step down from Texas Board of Criminal Justice on Offenders with Medical or Mental Impairments on November 25.

Yolanda’s texts are the second scandal tied to racism to emerge from Texas in less than two weeks after state Rep. Rick Miller claimed that two of his opponents were running against him simply because they’re “Asian.” Miller announced he would not seek reelection several days after he made the comments.

NYT: Trump Will Sign Executive Order Declaring Judaism A Nationality, Not Just Religion

President Trump will sign an executive order on Wednesday that will essentially declare Judaism to be a nationality or race and not just a religion, The New York Times reported.

According to three administration officials who spoke to the Times, the executive order is designed to target what Trump believes is anti-Semitism on college campuses by withholding federal funds from schools that don’t take steps to fight discrimination on campuses.

While administration officials told the Times the order isn’t meant to attack freedom of speech, the executive order reportedly came about in response to Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movements on college campuses.

Last edited:

Had to do some research because I didn't understand this at first it almost sounded like a good thing for Jews but it's

It's like forcing all American born black people to be recognized as Nigerians and not Americans

You can claim as a government that these people don't have American rights and you can do whatever ever you want lock them up deport them etc because they all of the sudden are no longer citizens

These are plays taken straight from Hitler himself Steven Miller had to bring this up this shit is disgusting

It's like the white house has been shitting all over black and brown people then all of the sudden and almost swiftly finds a loophole to immediately disrupt Jewish people in a way that hasn't been seen since the 1930s

Back