Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY CYOL : SEASON 1 SignUp

I need clarification on a couple of these.

@ theme 2

When you say "same headline can't be used twice" , do you mean the same artist can't be used twice as the main artist? So it can't be a full Usher album, there can only be one song with Usher as the main artist?

@ theme 3

You say "same headline can't be used twice" , does that mean a different duo has to be used on every song?
This is first come first serve so,
If I choose Nas he’s the headline and build a album of my theme...
Another person can’t use Nas to build with but can use his likeness as a feature.

So I suggest y’all put in this so ppl can see who you have for the themes so y’all don’t clash.

Wait, what do you expect to be done by the 5th?
Your label for this season

Theme 1 (My Artist of choice)
Build me a Jay Z album consisting of his discography. Songs are first come first serve so two ppl can’t use ‘Song Cry’. If someone has a song u got but you didn’t submit your albums u gotta change playlists up.

Theme 2 (R&B album, your choice)
Build me a R&B album ;use who ever you want(same headline can’t be used twice,but can be as a featured as much as ppl want). Label features and producers but the album has to make sense in correlation to artist chosen...

Theme 3 (male or female duo, your choice)
Build me a Duo hip hop ;use who ever you want(same group can’t be used twice as a headline , but can be as a feature also you can pair a person with another ie prodigy x alchemist). Label features and producers but the album has to make sense in correlation to artist chosen...

Theme 4 (DJ host album, your choice)
Build me a DJ album use who ever you want. Label features and producers but the album has to make sense in correlation to artist chosen...
(Like The way DJ Khaled, Tone Touch or Dj Envy and Clue did) a DJ host can be used more than once.

Theme 5 (Fallen solider album, your choice)
Build me a posthumous album; use who want (same person can’t be used twice as a headline, but can be as a feature)

I think the traditional format of cyol was easier to understand and play. When all the "themes" came into it I felt it scared people away because it was so confusing.

aint no one ask questions...
sometimes you have to change the pace of things...
things do have to alter a little from how the IC had it...
but its all good, Ill let yall host, Ill just play along

Yeah it's all good fam and I agree, definitely next time around change the format up.
I only switched it up because the last one didnt go so well so the change was suppose to revive the fizzling game and bring a new air to this.. thats why It was a season game anad season 2 was gonna revert to the old style but with hybrid formation...but again ppl dont always adapt to change well.

I like your concept Mooney...maybe simplify it a little bit. So keep your themes and add back the auction because Beta was right, that’s a favorite amongst those who’ve played.

@Mooney
@Sion
@Beta
@Ibex
@Goldie

Next Week is R&B week CYOL Family! We’re going to mix Mooney’s ideas with the original and hopefully curate a brand new CYOL: ABW Edition :aye:

Auction Schedule​
1. Monday: Tier One R&B Artist Auction

2. Wednesday: Tier Two R&B Artist Auction

3. Thursday: Tier Three R&B Artist Auction

Auction Info​
Each Auction will have Artists from the years 2000-2019. At the end of the R&B Auction on Thursday, EVERY player can choose ONE R&B artist from any era before 2000 to add to your roster. @Mooney will be the auctioneer so check back in this thread when he posts the official time for the auction.

Last edited:
@Mooney
@Sion
@Beta
@Ibex
@Goldie

Next Week is R&B week CYOL Family! We’re going to mix Mooney’s ideas with the original and hopefully curate a brand new CYOL: ABW Edition :aye:

Auction Schedule​
1. Monday: Tier One R&B Artist Auction

2. Wednesday: Tier Two R&B Artist Auction

3. Thursday: Tier Three R&B Artist Auction

Auction Info​
Each Auction will have Artists from the years 2000-2019. At the end of the R&B Auction on Thursday, EVERY player can choose ONE R&B artist from any era before 2000 to add to your roster. @Mooney will be the auctioneer so check back in this thread when he posts the official time for the auction.
Nah, I'm out as a host

I'm guessing this is going back to it's normal format.

How many labels we normally need? 6-8? How many people we got so far?

If Jaz is down to host, i'll play.

Back