Welcome To aBlackWeb

they are using music from today?! Ughhhh smh. I wasn't feelin it when they used a meek mill song for the trailer. I assumed that was jus for the trailer smh. I hope its not too bad. it kinda takes the viewer out of that time period for that scene

Lotta knowledge and history being dropped.

Had no idea that the Gap Band song "You dropped the bomb on me" was about the bombing of Black Wall Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Last edited:
they are using music from today?! Ughhhh smh. I wasn't feelin it when they used a meek mill song for the trailer. I assumed that was jus for the trailer smh. I hope its not too bad. it kinda takes the viewer out of that time period for that scene
Yeah everything from the Ross & Swizz Intro to a few scenes here & there (Dave East ) Harlem Shit

I'm all In tho

Upon first watch I was like man this song is some bullshit... and this sounds like Swizz beats... no wonder I hate it... it all makes sense now lol

Good show so far tho

Damn, I was digging everything Swizz did with the soundtrack. Music from the era would have been interesting. Cuz now that you mention it, that did do a lot for Boardwalk Empire.

Either way, the show is ill. I was sold from the beginning.

Only problem I have with the show is their exercise of "creative license."

Looking at a lot of youtube videos on Bumpy, and have yet to see any of the oldheads from Harlem say anything about Bumpy selling drugs.

Matter of fact, they're adamant that Bumpy didn't deal in drugs at all.

His hustle was the numbers racket.

That's huge.

Simply because, even though the show is trying to pay homage to him.......it's also slandering his name by making it seem like he was heavy in the drug game.

Kinda foul when you think about it.

Episode 3 Solid Again

Enough w/Ending the show like that
View attachment 178531

Like...who's idea was it to even use that tactic as a way to make muthafuccas talk??? Lol!!

Other than that...great episode. Brotha Malcom stepped up to that podium and destroyed it w/n 2mins. Lol!

Ether @ Bumpy's daughter I.D'ing the white security cop in front of everyone. Black one probably thought he was gettin off Scott free.

Shoutout to Big Dick Buster for putting in work.

nh

That scene was unintentionally hilarious.

First, Bumpy introduces his daughter's rapist to Big Dick Buster.

Then the camera zooms in to Buster..............and dude looks like he can't unzip his pants fast enough.

Biden laughing clip.gif

Almost as if he can't wait to do what he does.

Paul Mooney clip.gif

The camera then zooms in on the rapist after seeing Big Dick Buster fully exposed........nh again..........and he cries and begs for mercy once he realizes what's about to happen to him.

But yeah, glad they didn't get any more explicit than that.

Last edited:
Back