Welcome To aBlackWeb

Inside Tyler Perry Studios' Grand Opening Gala

I think it's really dope that we're seeing the emergence of things like this... with this studio... with more black directors emerging, more black production studios etc.. It's really dope to see.. and it gives us more control on how we're perceived and how our stories are told in the film/tv. I hope this succeeds and everyone involved succeeds as well.

and @DOS_patos while I don't necessarily like the majority of his films... and there are some valid criticisms that can be made... look at what he did with it.. look at how many black writers, black directors, black editors, black videographers, black actors, black musicians, black set designers, black stylists, and alllll the other shit that goes along with filmmaking that will be able to eat off of this and in turn... set up their very own things and pay it forward again...

I think it's a game changer.

I think it's really dope that we're seeing the emergence of things like this... with this studio... with more black directors emerging, more black production studios etc.. It's really dope to see.. and it gives us more control on how we're perceived and how our stories are told in the film/tv. I hope this succeeds and everyone involved succeeds as well.

and @DOS_patos while I don't necessarily like the majority of his films... and there are some valid criticisms that can be made... look at what he did with it.. look at how many black writers, black directors, black editors, black videographers, black actors, black musicians, black set designers, black stylists, and alllll the other shit that goes along with filmmaking that will be able to eat off of this and in turn... set up their very own things and pay it forward again...

I think it's a game changer.
i said good for him....not hate

I would liken this to a drug dealer that sets up businesses and gives people jobs. No matter how you cut it, the nigga made his money destroying the community. Same for Tyler; he made his money trashing Black Men, is this really the sort of thing we want to celebrate?
Nigga sets up film studio bigger than Warner bros, Sony and paramount. Yes that's something to celebrate.

Lmao @ destroying the community. Relax. Who really takin madea goes to space and shit seriously.

Nigga sets up film studio bigger than Warner bros, Sony and paramount. Yes that's something to celebrate.

Lmao @ destroying the community. Relax. Who really takin madea goes to space and shit seriously.
you damn youngins need to listen damn it.

him and oprah did damage i keep telling yall.

yall ask show me.

thats like asking a chick to show the man she living with that he mentally and emotionally abuses her.
some things that are done cant be shown but is seen.

now GOOD FOR FUCKING HIM!!!!!
damn it.

you damn youngins need to listen damn it.

him and oprah did damage i keep telling yall.

yall ask show me.

thats like asking a chick to show the man she living with that he mentally and emotionally abuses her.
some things that are done cant be shown but is seen.

now GOOD FOR FUCKING HIM!!!!!
damn it.
Oprah in the 90s did what every talk show did. It's time to move past the hurt bruh. Yall not dealing with the 45+ year old church lady crowd which is Tyler Perry demographic so his shit dont affect you at all.

It is black excellence tho. He found his lane with the church folk and stayed in it. But he's been empowering other black filmmakers to use his resources to do things he cant/wouldn't do. That's why it's dope. Everybody can and will be eating off this.

Even spike was there to celebrate and he hates madea.
Good post.

Never been a fan of his actual movies. But I've been a fan of all his moves. Dude is 100% black excellence, black history, everything. Dude is already a legend in the game.

In my single days early 2000's i had all the TP movies. Cuz chicks used to live watching his old plays. I can't tell you 3 characters other than Madea's big ass from all of them.... But he definitely was effective with his target audience.

Props to him

Oprah in the 90s did what every talk show did. It's time to move past the hurt bruh. Yall not dealing with the 45+ year old church lady crowd which is Tyler Perry demographic so his shit dont affect you at all.
it doesnt have to affect my directly for me to see how it affects the community and can spread until it reaches me.
and tyler hit on some young demographics too.

you can pass off the mentality them 45+ ladies as just entertainment based and left at the theater.
alot of those stereotypes reinforced beliefs.
And Oprah is another example of stereotypes thats very present still today.

both reinforce black men anit shit......darker black men arent shit more, and you dont need a man to make it.

now this is not all their fault. not even mostly, but they helped in the mental enslavement and destruction that was passed on.

Good post.

Never been a fan of his actual movies. But I've been a fan of all his moves. Dude is 100% black excellence, black history, everything. Dude is already a legend in the game.

In my single days early 2000's i had all the TP movies. Cuz chicks used to live watching his old plays. I can't tell you 3 characters other than Madea's big ass from all of them.... But he definitely was effective with his target audience.

Props to him
Them plays funny af idc what nobody say lololol. Everybody know what time it is when "Tyler Perry presents..." pop up on a screen. Everyone knows it's bout to be some hokey preachy niggadry. Everyone. Nobody takes it seriously but the ABW community leaders know what's best.....

it doesnt have to affect my directly for me to see how it affects the community and can spread until it reaches me.
and tyler hit on some young demographics too.

you can pass off the mentality them 45+ ladies as just entertainment based and left at the theater.
alot of those stereotypes reinforced beliefs.
And Oprah is another example of stereotypes thats very present still today.

both reinforce black men anit shit......darker black men arent shit more, and you dont need a man to make it.

now this is not all their fault. not even mostly, but they helped in the mental enslavement and destruction that was passed on.
Dog the only reason niggas watched acrimony is because there was a running joke of how bad it is. Everyone knows his movies are terrible. Do you think it's a sizable amount of ppl who believe otherwise and what they seen in a TP movie to heart?

Last edited:
Back