Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Marvel Movies Are Not Cinema"- Martin Scorsese

You don't think that's a problem, let these directors get creative and stop going for the easy route
i simply dont support them brah

i didnt watch Agents of Shield
I didnt watch Agent Carter
I dont watch Batgirl
etc...

if you dont watch it, the ratings will suffer, and they will go away. simple as that imo

For those of yall that agree with Martin... i'd be interested to know how yall define cinema

You can't, cause even some all-time greats could fall into the same catagory MS is trying to put the MCU.

Jaws
Jurrasic Park
ET
Alien
Damn near every Horror movie ever made. Etc

Like I said in the MCU thread, his shit ain't some deep thought provoking piece of art either.

Lol you thumbing down my post doesn't change it from being fact.

I'm not going back and forth with u comic book niggas. Iswis.

Lol you thumbing down my post doesn't change it from being fact.

I'm not going back and forth with u comic book niggas. Iswis.
this my thing

a lot of people claim games like Call of duty or Fortnite have ruined online multiplayer. I disagree. I will agree, they have made other devs feel like they need to cash in on that crowd instead of coming up with something original, and me, as a consumer, i just simply dont play those games. They are not on my radar, so for me to say they have ruined video games is a lazy hot take

I just play games those crowds dont

i.e. comic book movies only seem to bother you b/c you feel there are no new original ideas anymore, well, how many movies are book adaptations. Are those still considered original? GOT the show is an adaptation of a book. The show's creators didnt create a single character or story arch...yet, you tuned in every week

If you didnt like comic movies before, then you not gonna start liking them all of a sudden, so i dont understand the rage when there are literally hundreds of shows/movies that probably dont even register a blip on ya radar. Go and seek those out instead of sharing a hot take from scorseese who's been making practically the same movie his entire career. How original is that?

its an opinion

big budget action movies aint deep or a thing of the arts

big budget pop rap aint deep or a thing of the arts

Martin is basically a Rakim saying Lil Baby aint hip hop......and he can say that, so what

What’s ironic is his use of the word cinema. First thing I think of is movie theaters when I think of that.

The only type of movies I would want to see in theaters nowadays are action/super hero type movies.

For instance my personal two most anticipated films right now is the breaking bad movie and Irishman. And I’d prefer to watch both in the comfort of my home rather than a theater. To me those type of movies built of plot and story makes no difference personally if I watch home or big screen.

Super hero movies are the opposite, if I don’t watch it in the theater , I won’t end up watching at the crib. They’re what they are imo for the theater experience

goldie know this is a silly pov to have hence him not wanting to go back and forth

I've had this discussion a million times on here. Scorsese is saying what I've been saying for years.

Yall are comic book niggas, so naturally you're gonn defend the shit no matter what.

I stop myself from getting into certain conversations cuz not too many niggas think beyond a surface level. It's an exercise in futility.

I've had this discussion a million times on here. Scorsese is saying what I've been saying for years.

Yall are comic book niggas, so naturally you're gonn defend the shit no matter what.

I stop myself from getting into certain conversations cuz not too many niggas think beyond a surface level. It's an exercise in futility.

so you dont answer my question.. but repeat yourself several times about how you're not gonna repeat yourself. Got it lol

LOL at nerds being shocked that Scorsese calls superhero films trash. Cry and shout all you like but it's one person's opinion (who just happens to have made some of the greatest films in cinema).

Cinema is a big field and superhero films just happen to be dominating the blockbuster area at the monent, get over yourselves and enjoy the trash that you've got.

Back