Welcome To aBlackWeb

What if Shawn Michaels never gotten injuried in 1998?

T. Sanford

T. Sanford/Trill Doggy Dog (Legion Of Trill)
Looking back at the beginning of the attitude era. I always wondered what was the original plans for Shawn Michaels and DX if he wouldn't have gotten injured at the Royal Rumble. My assumptions I'll say that he would've still lost the belt at Wrestlemania because Stone Cold's popularity was top chef especially by 98'. I'll say that maybe the next night or week after on Monday Night Raw, New Age Outlaws still join DX and Austin still feud against Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels.

Vince turning Dude Love heel seemed like it was a last minute thing, due to the fact Shawn Michaels was out. So Vince needed a quick heel to feud against Stone Cold for a few months. Okay, so back to my predictions. Stone Cold feud against Shawn until May. Shawn lose against Stone Cold. Triple H and Shawn start beefing and get in a power struggle over DX. Instead of Triple turning face in 98' He turns heel by turning on Michaels and put him out of action for a few months. Shawn Michaels return as a face in the summer of 98' to fight HHH at SummerSlam or either they'll have HHH injure Michaels at SummerSlam for a few months but HHH win, nonetheless since they'll be trying to build Triple H as a big heel. My only problem is where would The Rock be at in the middle of all of this? And if Shawn Michaels stayed healthy in 98' would that have altered The Rock's career in 98'. It's all assumptions at the end of the day. What yall think how WWF storyline would've played out in 98, if Shawn never gotten injuried?

It’s a very intriguing question. I think Austin still wins the wwf title (like you said) and probably still feuds with HBK at another point in 1998. I think we finally get the HBK Rock feud we desperately wanted if HBK is still the leader of DX and Rock was still leading the NOD. I think that it would be a more entertaining attitude era if HBK was still wrestling and the gap would have been far more bigger for the wwf overtaking wcw by the end of that year

Last edited:
His injury was a blessing in disguise because him going away allowed Austin to be the undisputed number 1 guy in the company. I couldn’t see Shawn willingly taking a backseat, he was hurt and he still didn’t wanna lose to Austin. So imagine a healthy Shawn?

I honestly could see Shawn going to WCW with Austin leading the company in 98 and Michaels ego not liking that. And Michaels making his return around 2002 back to the WWE and entering into his feud with Triple H like it happened.

I think after he lost to Austin at wrestlemania the next night triple h turn on him and form the version of DX that we ended up getting resulting in HBK's face turn where he battles DX for a few months.

Rock & HBK would of been insane

the one dream match of living legends we'll prolly never have

I wouldnt wanna see it today anyways

Last edited:
HBK is my favorite wrestler ever so this used to bug the fuck outta me. The injury was a blessing in disguise. He was on his way to an early grave with the drug use & if he was still on the road doing it who knows. He could of burned out with Vince saying fuck him and he might of ended up in WCW before it shut down. Much worse could of happened. As far as other wrestlers & storylines I don’t think too much wouldn’t change. HBK vs Triple H probably would of happened sooner (WrestleMania 15 probably). I’m glad the way things turned out tho.

I honestly could see Shawn going to WCW with Austin leading the company in 98 and Michaels ego not liking that. And Michaels making his return around 2002 back to the WWE and entering into his feud with Triple H like it happened.

I can see him going to WCW as well. They wouldn't know how to book him right like they did Bret Hart. I can definitely see him winning the belt over there especially being that Nash was apart of booking.

Naw I don't think HBK would've gone to WCW he was Vince's top guy plus vince would've thrown the check book at him so he wouldn't leave

Naw I don't think HBK would've gone to WCW he was Vince's top guy plus vince would've thrown the check book at him so he wouldn't leave

Shit he did. HBK was making an absurd amount of money without steeping in the ring for years after WrestleMania 14.

HBK going to WCW...HA!

Just so they could waste him like they did Brett?

HBK going to WCW...HA!

Just so they could waste him like they did Brett?
You really think Hall and Nash wouldnt of made sure Shawn was well taken care of since they had pull. Hart got the shit end because Nash didnt like Hart.

Back