Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
I dont understand... since when is someone who, what SEEMS like is trying to change a racist/oppressive system something to be scoffed at and met with ridicule?

Especially if you aren't suggesting he create another league and get all black players to bounce from the NFL.

If attempting to fix the fucked up system isn't the solution... and creating a system of our own is out of the question... I repeat my original question... what is it you want then?

Bruh how many racists systems got changed by entertainers? If anything they bring attention but the civil rights movement wasn’t won because Jim Brown and Kareem had a press conference.

The start their own league thing is cool but it ain’t realistic who gonna leave millions on the line when they never seen millions. Also if would take like 50 years for another league to have same impact as nfl. So ideally that’s awesome in reality that’s extremely difficult.

Now as far as working with them to bring change them owners have told us time and time again fuck you you’re gonna watch anyway and we do. But Jay has more influence than we do. Why he even want to work with them? How would this lead to helping us? And why are y’all acting like criticism is not warranted?

I just feel like it’s wack to try an change the good ol boy system of the NFL. I’m not saying Jay Z needs to create another league or anything or that all the players need to quit in protest. But what is Jay trying to do here? Is this an attempt to get white racists to not be racist or as oppressive with how they treat their athletes?
Says the niggs who wants his reparations check from them same racist people but won't do shit to fix his own community in the meantime.

Nigga stfu

How does ANYONE meaning us a spectators, players, coaches, owners, player's unions, entertainers, etc. align or associate with ANY organization that shows that it's doesn't respect you individually or us as a people collectively?

My disappointment is towards ANYONE fucking with the NFL.

And I would most definitely lose respect for Kaepernick if he accepted a JOB from the NFL also.

He accepted that check

You still stupid.
But did you answer the question Goldie posted?
Shit wasn't even about me needing validation. It was about the dumb shit you defend. But I guess you missed that.

But you want a woman to fight your battles?

Yep...straight bitch.

So you’re offended niggas is against capitalism a system that literally sold your ancestors for money stripped of your culture viewed your people as a joke because we all gotta get money. Kill yourself lil nigga. You have no concept of history or your place in it. Just and old nigga deepthroating white standards until you die angry at niggas for not being like you. FOH

Black wall street was bombed by them same crackers. And only reason we go to crackers is because of access.

I get it you want us to play like the Chinese and Indians and covertly work from inside to get over on crackers and put ourselves in the right position. But how many organizations really get changed from the inside?

More black cops ain’t ended police brutality.
So because it was bombed you do nothing

Good solution.
Where has it gotten us?

Logically I think we can and it would just take awhile to get to NFL level and nobody has laying for free.

But that's also what I mean bro... What is "NFL level" when our own league would be our own level.

If you're talking about money we'll be fine. We ARE the league. When we create our own league the spectators/fans and endorsements will follow.

I think it could be bigger than we imagine because these brothers/athletes would become like super heroes to the youth.

So because it was bombed you do nothing

Good solution.
Where has it gotten us?

And I guess begging them to like you is the Dos way. Honestly tho this shit oldDos and we got a bunch of comments that ain’t even got shit yo do with the topic. If you want to argue every thread cool. Or just make a thread with your grievances against me.

Bruh how many racists systems got changed by entertainers? If anything they bring attention but the civil rights movement wasn’t won because Jim Brown and Kareem had a press conference.

The start their own league thing is cool but it ain’t realistic who gonna leave millions on the line when they never seen millions. Also if would take like 50 years for another league to have same impact as nfl. So ideally that’s awesome in reality that’s extremely difficult.

Now as far as working with them to bring change them owners have told us time and time again fuck you you’re gonna watch anyway and we do. But Jay has more influence than we do. Why he even want to work with them? How would this lead to helping us? And why are y’all acting like criticism is not warranted?

You still haven't answered the question tho fam.

You said an entertainer trying to change the system from the inside aint going to work in your opinion.
You said starting our own league isn't realistic.
You reiterated working within the system is a moot point and seemingly criticise Jay for attempting to do so.. but when asked what other solutions may be plausible....... silence.

No one is above criticism.. but what im looking for here is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... and nobody in this thread who is turning their nose up at Jay for this move has offered an alternative suggestion, solution or proposition... just ridicule

So you’re offended niggas is against capitalism a system that literally sold your ancestors for money stripped of your culture viewed your people as a joke because we all gotta get money. Kill yourself lil nigga. You have no concept of history or your place in it. Just and old nigga deepthroating white standards until you die angry at niggas for not being like you. FOH
You have no concept of self worth.
Still waiting on your check.
Nigga ain't you working FOR a white owned company! Bouncing checks from a white owned bank? Shipping in white owned markets?

Again STFU.
You an armchair still groggy semi woke nigga.
Yeah...look back in history....and you solution is what? Still ain't heard it. But you want to shit in me for saying take control by building your own and getting money to not need to be controlled by the people who hates you?

You sound real broken.
Buck broke ass stay on the plantation but mad at slaves trying to get away ass nigga.

Not a bit of sense

And I guess begging them to like you is the Dos way. Honestly tho this shit oldDos and we got a bunch of comments that ain’t even got shit yo do with the topic. If you want to argue every thread cool. Or just make a thread with your grievances against me.
Please....show me a post where I'm begging anyone to like me.
Don't make up shit to feel better about you not having solutions .
Either give a solution or get out the way.

Are you sure about this?
Black people building black Wall Street needed resources to build it.
A few had to venture out to bring back resources.
Who would they had got them from?

I believe someone mentioned nip working with LApd ....

And you know they don't give a shit.

We don't need anything from white people to build our own.

As far as Nip with the LAPD it's different... Our relationship with law enforcement is a deadly one. One of which we are born into because of the color of our skin. NO ONE was born into the NFL. Playing for the NFL is a choice, dealing with police is not.

In times of warfare enemy soldiers might have a meeting for peace or dialogue but that's because thousands of lives are at stake. It's different.

I thinks he still wants to play tho

I understand. He still should want to play the sport especially since he trained so hard to play it at a professional level. But this seems like the perfect opportunity to plant the seeds for our own league instead of waiting on your enemy's approval or acceptance.

If he still wants to play he can begin to create a new league or even attempt to join another league if it's just for the love of the game.

Back