Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Kendrick Lamar Lounge

Should be vs reality. Worst neighborhoods are the poorest. Take away resources and quality schools and you get large cities with a slew of issues. I’m not saying being broke makes you a criminal but lack of resources is directly related to crime. As you know.
is it really lack of resources?

Stanley wasn’t corny because he didn’t do crime. Craig dad was never called corny. They literally gave his character the Carlton vibe.

From a black person that actually grew up in a suburb we didn’t sound like Stanley. Y’all gotta stop the hood niggas vs everybody vibe lol

And yea we know most people who live in the hood aren’t dope boys and hoes. Y’all gotta relax
Why did he have to talk like anything why couldn't he just be himself? He wasn't doing anyone no kind of harm.

We have to unlearn the thinking that blackness is some kind of uniform all of us have to wear to a standard. Or at least redefine what the standard is.

Why did he have to talk like anything why couldn't he just be himself? He wasn't doing anyone no kind of harm.

We have to unlearn the thinking that blackness is some kind of uniform all of us have to wear to a standard. Or at least redefine what the standard is.

Bruh you’re telling me of all people blackness ain’t a uniform?! Me the one who actually likes black people no matter the nationality religion or sexual orientation. I don’t do the us vs them thing when it comes to our people. But I’m talking about the character in Friday and how they made him. If y’all want to talk about how Stanley type guys are viewed that’s another issue. But again the movie exaggerated every character.

And when was there ever a standard for blackness worldwide? In the past 30 years it seem like it’s been a slew of confusion on where Black people in the west come from(a lot of us don’t think we came from Africa) it’s miggas in this site who think Black Americans are the leaders of all black folks. Let’s be for real.

Bruh you’re telling me of all people blackness ain’t a uniform?! Me the one who actually likes black people no matter the nationality religion or sexual orientation. I don’t do the us vs them thing when it comes to our people. But I’m talking about the character in Friday and how they made him. If y’all want to talk about how Stanley type guys are viewed that’s another issue. But again the movie exaggerated every character.

And when was there ever a standard for blackness worldwide? In the past 30 years it seem like it’s been a slew of confusion on where Black people in the west come from(a lot of us don’t think we came from Africa) it’s miggas in this site who think Black Americans are the leaders of all black folks. Let’s be for real.
I thought the bolded is what we were talking about the entire time lol.

I wonder what it is about women not wanting to owe people shit.

No... See this depends

Give a woman you are romantically interested in some money and she knows it, you ain't getting that shit back. That's a pussy deposit that she may or may not let you cash.

Give a woman you are just cool with some money, she's giving it back because she don't want to give off any vibes that you can financially control her with money.

For example what does being poor got to do w this shit

This is right now not too far from the crib

Kids being kids?

I know in Africa it’s kids in wars or kids going to school. Making a scene is just making a scene.

Before y’all go further is this just a way to tell how bad the hood is and etc

That’s not the hood at all…

I’m talking in the context of the whole conversation not the kids running down the street. Just seems like it’s a convo that happens a lot. We talk about black folks in the hood and why they do xyz and them Germs comes in with some traumatic story rinse and repeat.

I’m talking in the context of the whole conversation not the kids running down the street. Just seems like it’s a convo that happens a lot. We talk about black folks in the hood and why they do xyz and them Germs comes in with some traumatic story rinse and repeat.
We were talking bout why the Stanley archetypes get disrespected in the hood and y’all took it every where lol

Some of y'all ain't never pushed a lawnmower and it shows

The nigga Stanley just asked people to stay off his grass. That shit is time consuming to manage the upkeep and here go some niggas walking on it instead of the sidewalk.

People be just letting their dogs shit everywhere with no intentions of picking it up. You'd be pissed too if you go out in ya yard and catch a dog Snickers to the bottom of ya shoe.

I stand with Stanley

Back