Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Kendrick Lamar Lounge

I legit just told you

Why take a long two when you can take a step back to take a shot that's worth 1 more point which changes the profile of your shot selection and keeps the defense around the perimeter
Yes, but my point was what changed? The rules didn’t change, the 3 point line was always there. I just wanted to know what caused the shift. Why wasn’t there always that emphasis on shooting threes?

I appreciate the response, though. 🙏🏾

Yes, but my point was what changed? The rules didn’t change, the 3 point line was always there. I just wanted to know what caused the shift. Why wasn’t there always that emphasis on shooting threes?

Baskets closer towards the rim were seen as more efficient

A dunk or layup has a higher success percentage than a mid range or 3pt shot

Skills

That’s one of the main reason folks don’t like to talk about

Dudes couldn’t not shoot at all. Straight brick layers even from mid range.

Analytics departments growing on each team based on a growing emphasis on advanced stats

NBA also is a copycat league

Skills

That’s one of the main reason folks don’t like to talk about

Dudes couldn’t not shoot at all. Straight brick layers even from mid range.

That's a lie. Some dudes in the past couldn't shoot, but that wasn't their role. Players that were expected to score could shoot.

Also, Adam Silver himself admitted that they implemented freedom of motion rules specifically so players like Steph could run around and get freed up for a shot without having their path impeded by a defender. People exaggerate how much more skilled players are nowadays. They are better ball handlers and shooters, but a lot of that is because NBA executives have put in work to help offenses. Isaiah Thomas and Magic Johnson would have been better ball handlers too if they were allowed to carry the ball every time they touched it.

That's a lie. Some dudes in the past couldn't shoot, but that wasn't their role. Players that were expected to score could shoot.

Also, Adam Silver himself admitted that they implemented freedom of motion rules specifically so players like Steph could run around and get freed up for a shot without having their path impeded by a defender. People exaggerate how much more skilled players are nowadays. They are better ball handlers and shooters, but a lot of that is because NBA executives have put in work to help offenses. Isaiah Thomas and Magic Johnson would have been better ball handlers too if they were allowed to carry the ball every time they touched it.
lol. They couldn’t shoot.

That’s why the “defense” is so overrated.

Bad offensive players was all over the league.

Back