Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Dorothy Jean Tillman Lounge

This the shit that I need to see more of in the NBA. It only happens in the playoffs

LSU vs USCe rivalry heating up.

The WNBA needs to let women declare early for the draft,I'll tune in to watch Angel,Hailey,Flaujai, JuJu,Caitlin..
Yeah it's tough cause education is important and it protects older women in the league but some of these girls are peaking in ncaa and aging out. They need to attack that market right now. Women's ncaa is too popping for wnba to be an afterthought year after year.

Last edited:
Think the wnba got next, next 5 years as more women train from the jump to be skilled and not just play ball. The handles get better, shots get better, the finishing gets get better, it’s gonna be what the nba used to be.

Think the wnba got next, next 5 years as more women train from the jump to be skilled and not just play ball. The handles get better, shots get better, the finishing gets get better, it’s gonna be what the nba used to be.
Are you saying nba players are less skilled now than before?

Do yall think it’s weird that Native American woman are really under represented in media?

Think about it, the people that are native to America, are underrepresented in America media.

Thats always bothered me about anime, they rarely ever look Asian.

Do yall think it’s weird that Native American woman are really under represented in media?

Think about it, the people that are native to America, are underrepresented in America media.

Thats always bothered me about anime, they rarely ever look Asian.

Well, there's only a few million of us left, so any representation is good. There's a few actresses that have been making the rounds that you may have thought were latino but are actually Native.

Oh word? Put me on

Off the top...

Sara Podemski aka Kayla from Resident Alien

hiking-with-harry-resident-alien-s2e4.png

Paulina Alexis aka Bunny from Ghostbusters Afterlife

Paulina-Alexis-in-Ghostbusters-Afterlife.jpg

Elva Guerra aka Sally on Dark Winds

ap_37cd8784b3364a72a28c8ef12ae6bb4b.jpg

One of the reasons the college game is getting extra views is because the game is starting to resemble men’s NBA basketball

All that talk about fundamentals did not help the game with views but now they handling the rock, stepbacks, and better shooting motions is why.

Also, college have rivalries so they plays a part.

I watch LSU often and it’s still a lot of awkward layups and missed easy layups, including from teams like USCe.

Its a good number of players that look smooth but not enough yet.

College men’s basketball is dated and have been for 30 years. The sets they run stunt the creativity from players that we love to see

Folks on TikTok saying they are scared of ghetto girls got ghetto girls and ghetto dudes in their feeling and glorifying that environment

Don’t get me wrong, most folks in those type of neighborhoods is not ghetto but damn it was so damn dangerous growing up in New Orleans.

I have did some terrible things in my life and had some terrible things happen to me in my 18 years back home. We I move to Texas and our that environment, it was so different and safe. I live in Oak Cliff for a year and it wasn’t a good place at all but I had already seen better

Are you saying nba players are less skilled now than before?

I'll take this even though it wasn't meant for me.

NBA players are very skilled nowadays. When it comes to pure shooting and ball handling, they are way more skilled than players in the 80s and 90s. I wouldn't say they are as skilled in post play or on man defense, but that's because today's game is so different.

The modern NBA centers around shooting long shots to spread out the floor and then capitalizing on rules like the Defensive 3 second rule to get to the paint when a good ranged option is not available. The physicality has largely been removed and there are ways of getting around defensive resistance. Women players can better replicate today's style than they could in the past, so if you like the modern NBA, it makes sense that you'd like the crop of women players coming up that play similarly to modern NBA players.

If the big exciting play is shooting a long 3, women can do that consistently or can at least get a lot closer to doing that consistently than they can to dunking on two people in the lane.

Back