Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fun and Falls

PRAISE: I definitely have memories of the 1981 The Fall Guy TV series starring Lee Majors but this movie definitely tries to make it it's own thing with a story about stuntman Colt Seavers springs back into action when the star of a big studio movie suddenly disappears. Simultaneously trying to reconnect with the woman he loves.
I thought it was funny how this movie has a similar story thread to 2023's animated Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match . Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt have good enough chemistry so much so I found myself rooting for their coupling. I think the movie is not only a great tribute to stunt people but to all of the behind the scenes people that make a movie happen. There are a lot of great nods to classic movies and TV shows.
It was fun recalling oh that sound effect is from that TV show. I remember that song from this movie. There is a fight sequence that I thought had a great comedic pay off.
The movie definitely leans more into a romantic comedy than an all out action movie.
There's one action sequence in which I was hoping a couple of things would happen visually and it comes to fruition in a great way. A lot of the fight scenes were fun and filmed in a few unique ways.

PROBLEMS: When the pacing slows down it really comes to an almost complete halt.
Sure a lot of things are cute and a nice wink to the audience saying do you see how meta this is? Oh did you see what we did there? ...like I said cute but those scenes went on far to long. At times I wondered if the movie was just paroding things in some way like how things play out when it comes to a villain in a movie or are these scenes really written this badly. Definitely a couple of predictable moments and outcomes for a couple of characters.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Really fun movie with nice action pieces. The meta aspect was very amusing. Also found the unicorn bit funny, really the movie in general is (though I'm not the laugh at loud type). Good chemistry between Blunt and Gosling

Movie was good. Nice final act and M'Baku got some to steal some scenes. The chemistry was decent and so was the dog(probably from John Wick 3)

A side note I have to add is that Ryan Gosling is box office poison. Not even hate just facts. Hollywood been trying to make him A list for 20 years now

Blade Runner 2- flop
Neil Armstrong movie-flop
The Grey man-flop
The Nice Guys-flop

Dat white privilege

Barbie is global brand so that shouldn't hide the rest of his resume

This wasn't supposed to come out in May. It was supposed to come out in March. Numbers look bad cause usually Hollywood opens up the summer with a blockbuster (which would have been Deadpool & Wolverine)

Basically, the strikes are to blame for this

Back