Welcome To aBlackWeb

Remember When Papoose Said He Was Better Than Jay Z

What yr was this ?
According to Youtube it was 9 years ago.

Papoose had a mixtape buzz in the early to mid 00s but he never capitalized off of it. Besides Alphabetical Slaughter I can't think of any songs he's known for.

He never made any hits or classic albums. Who is more "lyrical" is subjective but he should have never compared himself to Hov. He sounds insecure.

According to Youtube it was 9 years ago.

Papoose had a mixtape buzz in the early to mid 00s but he never capitalized off of it. Besides Alphabetical Slaughter I can't think of any songs he's known for.

He never made any hits or classic albums. Who is more "lyrical" is subjective but he should have never compared himself to Hov. He sounds insecure.
Not to say he would have been an icon but 1. I think Pap got a somewhat large sum of money but then label positions changed which left him without support.

IDK his situation ,but he never seemed to be thirsty for money.

But ,he also had the bad luck of getting on when the southern takeover was happening.

It got dark for lyricists and the east coast around 2004 ish

Last edited:
Not to say he would have been an icon but 1. I think Pap got a somewhat large some of money but then label positions changed which left him without support.

IDK his situation ,but he never seemed to be thirsty for money.

But ,he also had the bad luck of getting on when the southern takeover was happening.

It got dark for lyricists and the east coast around 2004 ish

He was signed to Kay SLay Streetsweepers back when mixtapes ruled. This was when Kay Slay was putting out a new mixtape every other week, sometimes two tapes within the same week. He always had a freestyle on Kay Slay tapes so everybody thought he had next. He got a million dollar deal through Kay Slay but he never made a hit song.

This was all around the time that G Unit was blowing up, so you can't say that the South had taken over just yet.

Papoose's best years were around the time of Get Rich or Die Tryin and The Massacre.

IMO he wasted his best verses on mixtapes and didn't capitalize off of his buzz. He didn't make any hits.

He was signed to Kay SLay Streetsweepers back when mixtapes ruled. This was when Kay Slay was putting out a new mixtape every other week, sometimes two tapes within the same week. He always had a freestyle on Kay Slay tapes so everybody thought he had next. He got a million dollar deal through Kay Slay but he never made a hit song.

This was all around the time that G Unit was blowing up, so you can't say that the South had taken over just yet.

Papoose's best years were around the time of Get Rich or Die Tryin and The Massacre.

IMO he wasted his best verses on mixtapes and didn't capitalize off of his buzz. He didn't make any hits.

50 was the last new hardcore east coast act to catch the tale end of that sound's dominance.

Even 50 wasn't as hot by the time he dropped The Massacre but he had made such a big impression that it carried over a little.

You had G Unit and you had dipset holding on.

Last edited:
This would've been more accurate if Big L lived to say this.

And I like some of Pap's music.

50 was the last new hardcore east coast act to catch the tale end of that sound's dominance.

Even 50 wasn't as hot by the time he dropped The Massacre but he had mad such a big impression that it carried over a little.

You had G Unit and you had dipset holding on.

50 was also clever in the fact he saw the South wave and jumped on it abit with a slight southern sound in his music at times and got Buck in the group...

Back