Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Celebrating Thanksgiving and Columbus Day

I celebrate it. I’m not out here thanking the Indians and pilgrims and shit but I sure am thanking my people for cooking these greens and this bomb ass dressing.

I celebrate every holiday for my own damn reasons and i don’t give a hoot about what anybody say. Y’all can stay woke asses over there.
whats this woke and sleep shit?

is this some fad i missed while away?

is this the new way to clown someone who thinks they smart?

doesnt this go along with hotep and hoetep

Why not just accept the fact the most people celebrate holidays just the way the were taught to celebrate them. We have dinner but it is not the same dinner as Thanksgiving because we cook the Turkey different than they did. Just say I/we do it because that is the way it has always been in my family but it doesn’t mean the same or just say I do it and I don’t care about the origin instead of trying to defend the fact that you celebrate the holdiday the exact way that they did

Aint we been saying that the whole thread

Ok so now no one celebrates Thanksgiving? I guess I was wrong.

People celebrate Thanksgiving as a day to be thankful for what you have and a day to spend with family. That's about it. Most American families ain't running around putting on Pilgrims and Indians costume, especially in black households.

Nobody really celebrates Columbus Day outside of being happy they get a day off from work.

Back