Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ladies: the Prince and the Pauper

Golden

Administrator
Ladies, how has socioeconomic class played out in ur love life? Noticed any patterns? Any experiences on different ends of the spectrum?

Hit us with some stories.

Bonus, specific but related q:
have you personally had to choose between a wealthy man n a middle or working class man? Who did u pick, if either?

Very good question.
I've dated men from all socioeconomic backgrounds so its really hard to say.
Whats interesting is the best experiences I've had, were with men who didn't have a lot of money.

My ex boyfriend for example.
He worked a regular job and had a small apartment
Had a pretty common car, couldn't afford to take vacations or take a day off from ----------work but he was rich in other things.
He was quirky, bright and funny.
He had a very dope style of dress, really knew how to shop for shit that wasn't expensive but still very polished and clean
He was also sensitive, attentive, and compassionate.
We had fun times and I do mean fun times
and alot of the things we did were free or didnt cost a lot of money
We split things down the middle.
I know he wanted to pay for most things but I wouldn't let him.
....and the fact he couldn't afford it.

On the other hand..............
I dated a guy who was a doctor, graduated from an Ivy league school
Had a nice ass apartment downtown. Had buckoos of money.
Love spending it (and on the most frivolous things you can think of)
But he bored me.
He looked down at other people. (I'm more of a humanitarian)
Always talked about fashion, and who's wearing what ----- stuff that doesn't interest me
I did like the fact that he paid for everything
and even bought me some pretty expensive gifts just because.
I also liked he always wanted to have the best experience wherever we went
Everything was VIP. Everything was top notch...
but I just remember being really bored. like really bored.

When I stopped talking to him all my friends were pissed. lmaooo
But I grew up poor. Im not big on money. I also cant deal with people who think they are better than other because they have money.
I DO want a man that can take care of me in certain aspects but he doesn't have to be rich

I will always choose a working class dude with a magical personality over a wealthy guy any day!!.
Now if only I could meet a wealthy guy who isn't a dickhead.....we might be on to something.

I really have not had a difference due to socioeconomic status, they are all equal opportunity players. All run game no matter if they are living with their momma or are college educated home owners.

I really have not had a difference due to socioeconomic status, they are all equal opportunity players. All run game no matter if they are living with their momma or are college educated home owners.
Did u have any experiences where u struggled to relate or there was a disconnect? Did it come up in any relationship experiences?

Did u have any experiences where u struggled to relate or there was a disconnect? Did it come up in any relationship experiences?

Strictly due to finances no. I grew up in the upper middle class but then struggled after leaving home so I can relate to both sides. Money really isn't a huge issue for me-meaning I don't care or should say I am not impressed by it. The only issue I would have is if a guy was trying to live off me or if he was just so financially irresponsible that it has put him into serious debt.

Strictly due to finances no. I grew up in the upper middle class but then struggled after leaving home so I can relate to both sides. Money really isn't a huge issue for me-meaning I don't care or should say I am not impressed by it. The only issue I would have is if a guy was trying to live off me or if he was just so financially irresponsible that it has put him into serious debt.
Have u ever come across the bolded in ur personal life?

I've dated men who are working class, I guess.
Never dated a wealthy man. Every dude I dated did what he felt was necessary to make ends meet. They weren't broke as hell but they weren't rich either. It was times when funds was low and times when funds were great.

I've dated men who are working class, I guess.
Never dated a wealthy man. Every dude I dated did what he felt was necessary to make ends meet. They weren't broke as hell but they weren't rich either. It was times when funds was low and times when funds were great.
wld u be against dating a wealthy man? If a man was 'broke as hell' wld that be a deterrent or not a factor?

wld u be against dating a wealthy man? If a man was 'broke as hell' wld that be a deterrent or not a factor?

I'm not against dating a wealthy man or a "broke as hell" man. Money doesn't move me. How much money has or makes, doesn't make the man. However, if you are broke and have no ambition or drive to do better, then yes I am against that.

ain't no sex like broke sex
;;;
This is a thread for the ladies, papa Du. Make one in the relationship or cool table forum if y'all wanna participate!
Very good question.
I've dated men from all socioeconomic backgrounds so its really hard to say.
Whats interesting is the best experiences I've had, were with men who didn't have a lot of money.

My ex boyfriend for example.
He worked a regular job and had a small apartment
Had a pretty common car, couldn't afford to take vacations or take a day off from ----------work but he was rich in other things.
He was quirky, bright and funny.
He had a very dope style of dress, really knew how to shop for shit that wasn't expensive but still very polished and clean
He was also sensitive, attentive, and compassionate.
We had fun times and I do mean fun times
and alot of the things we did were free or didnt cost a lot of money
We split things down the middle.
I know he wanted to pay for most things but I wouldn't let him.
....and the fact he couldn't afford it.

On the other hand..............
I dated a guy who was a doctor, graduated from an Ivy league school
Had a nice ass apartment downtown. Had buckoos of money.
Love spending it (and on the most frivolous things you can think of)
But he bored me.
He looked down at other people. (I'm more of a humanitarian)
Always talked about fashion, and who's wearing what ----- stuff that doesn't interest me
I did like the fact that he paid for everything
and even bought me some pretty expensive gifts just because.
I also liked he always wanted to have the best experience wherever we went
Everything was VIP. Everything was top notch...
but I just remember being really bored. like really bored.

When I stopped talking to him all my friends were pissed. lmaooo
But I grew up poor. Im not big on money. I also cant deal with people who think they are better than other because they have money.
I DO want a man that can take care of me in certain aspects but he doesn't have to be rich

I will always choose a working class dude with a magical personality over a wealthy guy any day!!.
Now if only I could meet a wealthy guy who isn't a dickhead.....we might be on to something.
Girl, I have so much to say lol idk where to start. Had mirror experiences all over the spectrum, tho I only been on dates with 3 men.
I'm not against dating a wealthy man or a "broke as hell" man. Money doesn't move me. How much money has or makes, doesn't make the man. However, if you are broke and have no ambition or drive to do better, then yes I am against that.
have u been approached by men like this n had to turn them away on grounds of lack of drive? or is it something u have not dealt with?

All the men I have dated were either in college with me or in their early careers like me. I have never dated a man who is wealthy in his own right even though most of them are on the right path to good money careers. At best there was this one dude who was foreign and his family was considered upper class or wealthy in his own country.

That one dude did come across far more into materialistic stuff than other men. Had a nice sports car, "needed" a nice apartment instead of a modest one that was more common with students. He had less understanding for the poor and the less fortunate, but I think that was also because he is not an empathetic person, which may have more to do with being male than class. Many poor men have no issue looking down on women and others who may have a different disavatange.

Back